5 Minute Sketching: Watercolour Super-quick Techniques for Amazing Drawings by Samantha Nielsen
- 350 illustrations, full color and black and white, index
- Pages: 128
- Trim Size: 6 3/4" X 8 3/4" X 1/2
A comprehensive guide to quick sketching in watercolor and a new addition to a successful series.
Like the other titles in the series, 5-Minute Watercolor features 60 exercises for new and aspiring artists. This bite-sized approach will help readers to make watercolor painting a part of their everyday lives. Every spread in the book features five expert tips and ideas, as well as examples of amazing 5-minute watercolor sketches to inspire readers.
There are four sections:
- Tools - Tools (the basics); tools (optional extras); paints; papers; palettes; brushes; other ways of applying paint; board; pencils; supplies to do even more; setting up the palette; mixing colors; caring for your tools.
- Techniques - Introducing techniques; washes; wet on wet; dry brush; splatter, blooming and bleeding; pulling in color; tape; masking fluid; lifting, layering and glazing (parts I and II); paper and gravity; warm and cool colors; brush control; light to dark, scumbling.
- Implementing Techniques - What is plein-air?; sketching; light sources; 5-minute exercises; skies; rocks; trees; water; landscapes; cityscapes; seascapes; floral compositions; people and crowds; stones and hair.
- Take It Further - Next level painting; changing up the scenery; capturing movement; mixing charts; color swatches; creating depth; mixed media; experimenting with new materials; time is on your side; moving forward; key elements.